Many business owners and operators become discouraged by the fact that even the best updated organic SEO techniques and methods can require what can seem like a very long time to bring results in website traffic, online site visibility and company brand credibility. It may take even longer for a company to see a significant rise in numbers of site visitors and sales conversion rates for featured products and services.
Even the most proficient website designers and online marketing strategy pros know that another major factor is that the main search engines of Google, Bing and Yahoo often change their methods of ranking sites abruptly. Also, creating an effective SEO campaign involves many different features and steps. Each of these steps can take several months or longer to bring significant results. Site owners must perform keyword research, create a sitemap and decide on site design aspects and an efficient navigation plan for the site. Choices concerning domain name and web hosting must also be made. Then effective analytics must be set up.
More Reasons Why Organic SEO Can Take Such a Long Time to Bring Results
There are several additional reasons why organic (unpaid) search engine optimisation can take such a long time to bring company websites a stronger online presence, greater volumes of Web traffic and higher numbers of sales conversions for increased profits. These reasons include the following:
• Analysing and Challenging Your Competitors Takes Time. – Unless your company is offering a product or service for sale that is totally unique and new to the market, your competing companies are most likely already well-established with high SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) rankings. Just to challenge their levels of success and attain an equal or close ranking may require from four months to one year’s use of expert organic SEO techniques. Surpassing their ranks as well as their production and profitability rates will probably take significantly longer.
• Avoiding Manipulative Links to Your Site is Essential. – Major search engines, including Google, may become suspicious if your campaign uses manipulative links pointed to your site to gain web traffic and improved rankings. In fact, if your site rapidly gains huge numbers of such links, Google may sideline your website for a specific period of time, which can be lengthy. This will inhibit your SEO campaign results and slow your site success. Also, any suspicious looking activity involving your site may place you in the Sandbox, a type of “holding pin,” until Google decides that your site is of good quality and ethical.
• Understanding the Impact of Local or Global Reach Websites is Important. – If your website has a local target audience, you will get faster results from your SEO campaigns than if you are working to attract a national or international client base. Also, if your brand is offering a single type or line of products and services, you will attain success levels and better rankings faster than if your website markets a diversified list of merchandise and/or services. .
• Deciding to Seek Ranking for Broad or Long-Tail Niche Terms is a Major Step. – You need to decide early in your SEO campaign planning whether you want to attain search engine ranking for broad terms or ones that are long-tail niche keywords. If you have big plans and goals for your site, it will take longer to reach your goals and get high rankings. Therefore, if you have a large, diversified inventory of products to market, it will require more time to reap the benefits and profits of your labors than if you focus on just a few brand products and services that are closely related.
• Comparing PPC and SEO for Boosting Site Quality and Rank is Valuable. – Some website owners have compared PPC to renting a home and SEO to being a homeowner. If you invest time and resources into building quality organic SEO, you will attain high rank placement for your site that can last indefinitely. By putting your time, energy and resources into PPC, you will be operating in someone else’s home territory that you will never own, control or own a secure interest in.
• Constant Changes Are Common on the Internet. – Search engine algorithms and SEO techniques are continuously changing on the Web. As the science of SEO evolves, there are new reasons for some sites jumping ahead in terms of search engine rankings. There are also ever-changing reasons for the conversion rates and success levels of some sites rising above the rest. To gain and maintain high rankings and impressive conversions for your website, you must always keep updated on the many different aspects of the ever-evolving Internet.