If your website is not ranking well in SERPs, this may be for one or multiple reasons. Whether your site is newly designed and published or an older domain with dated content, its e-commerce success can suffer from low rankings on Google and other search engines. For many business site owners, it can take some time, research and website analysis to determine what issues are preventing their domains from gaining high visibility in web user searches.
Possible Reasons Why Your Website Is Not Attaining High Rankings
Although your website contains quality content that is engaging, current and detailed, it may still have low rankings for SERPs. Main reasons for your domain’s failure to rise in search page rankings may include the following:
1. Your Site Is Not Yet Indexed in Google. If your website is new, the Google bots may not have crawled your site yet. If you like, you can speed up this process by submitting your sitemap with the use of Google Webmaster Tools. It can also help to share your articles on a variety of social media sites.
You should also check your Reading settings. You may have de-indexed your website accidentally, which prevents search engines from indexing your site. You may also have constructed your website on a penalised domain or one that is already de-indexed expired. If so, you need to look at its history to tell if this is the problem.
2. Your Target Keywords Are Highly Competitive. It is often very tempting to choose target keywords with the highest levels of search volume for use on your site. Yet by selecting key terms that will bring your site a good rank that aligns with your existing site’s authority and your current SEO skills, budget and available time, you can improve your website’s search engine rankings significantly. Later on, you can incorporate more competitive keywords.
3. Your Site Lacks Sufficient High-Calibre Backlinks. Increasing the number of high-quality backlinks included in your website content is still an essential element for attaining top search engine rankings. By choosing valid editorial backlinks from authoritative sites that have significant relevance to your domain’s content, you can gain much better SERPs rankings. Once you have created a powerful backlink profile for your website, you will have an excellent chance of ranking quite well. You can also obtain some superior backlinks through such practices as guest posting and leaving blog comments on quality sites.
4. Your Domain Lacks Good SEO. To be updated for top-quality SEO in 2020, you should create your site with silo structuring. Siloing is a method of separating relevant groupings of content on your website into definite thematic sections, like chapters in a book.
This practice will bring you higher rankings for key terms while serving as a major cornerstone for top-rated SEO. You should also optimise all title tags and meta descriptions. Including strongly engaging content, embedding rich media and creating a fast-loading site will also improve your domain’s SEO results. Using an on-page SEO checklist is also extremely beneficial.
5. Your Site Does Not Offer a Good User Experience. Creating an excellent user experience for your website is the most effective step to raising your search engine rankings. Google and all other major search engines consider providing a top-quality user experience as the ultimate goal for any successful site designer today.
To determine the quality of your current site visitors’ ease of web page use and overall onsite experience, you can measure your domain’s key SEO metrics. These include users’ onsite time as well as bounce and return user rates. If the results of these metrics are weak, you can work on improving relative site features and factors. Once your domain provides a top-quality user experience, you will see an impressive rise in your site’s SERPs rankings.