Although it can benefit your online business greatly to have an active blog for your website, it is also essential to optimize your blog posts for wider web viewing by your clients, potential customers and even casual web browsers. Blogs have impressive marketing potential. However, even though over half of online business sites today have blogs, the individual posts may not have been updated during the past few months. Some blogs have not had new entries since last year, lacking fresh, interesting and relevant content.
How Your Business Blog Can Be Optimized for Maximum SEO Performance
Effective ways in which to optimize your business site’s blog for maximum SEO performance include the following:
1. Perform Relevant Research. Expert website optimization requires smart and relevant keyword research. Although your current site content most likely includes valuable key terms related to your brand, products and services, specific tools and techniques can enable you to discover important additional keywords. By using keyword tools, you can locate more relevant keywords that will boost your website’s SEO performance significantly. You will also gain the advantage of discovering top keywords used by your competitors to obtain greater volumes of web traffic and higher conversion rates.
2. Distribute Keywords Evenly in Blog Posts. Each blog post should contain an even distribution of relevant keywords. Important places to insert your major keywords include the post title, headings and subheadings, introductory content, conclusion text, anchor text and title tags as well as meta descriptions. Remember to refrain from keyword stuffing. This will annoy your blog audience while drawing penalties from Google. Strong keyword choices can do wonders for improving your blog’s SEO performance without the need of using them excessively in your posts.
3. Optimize Images and Use Referral Links. Each time you insert an image in your blog post, include keywords in its file name. Then complete the alternate text field using a concise keyword-rich image description. When you mention outside web pages or blogs, include the corresponding link to the site that you are referring to. This is good online etiquette, and it may bring you valuable links back. High quality links are quite helpful for attaining higher rankings for your blog in web search results pages.
4. Offer Subscriptions to Your Blog. When you include highly visible RSS or Feed Subscription Tabs or Buttons on your blog, your readers will have the option of subscribing to your posts by email. This will enable your audience and followers to have easy and fast access to your latest posts without accessing your blog page directly in search of new content.
5. Gain Blog Readers Using Social Media. By promoting your blog and its content on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media sites, you can make new connections and gain more blog readers and customers for your business. This will also give your blog, your brand and your products or services greater and valuable web exposure and presence. By using auto-posting aids like Hootsuite, you can easily post the links for your recent blog posts on social media sites with a couple of simple clicks. You can even enjoy the convenience of pre-scheduling these link posting times, which ensures that these links will be posted regularly, without the need for any additional work or effort on your part.